Often, not knowing what help is needed is the biggest barrier to seniors having a plan and being prepared
Our Proactive Seniors Plan will clarify wishes, identify risks and provide direction
Seniors and families will know when, how and from whom, to get the help needed to stay healthy and happy
Many people don’t realize that there are a large number of services and programs available to support seniors and their caregivers. Unfortunately, identifying and accessing these services can be complicated and time consuming so they often go unused.
Our Proactive Seniors Plan puts you in the driver’s seat with a personal roadmap that provides detailed recommendations, referrals and an action plan so seniors and their family members know exactly what steps to take for success. We remain as your ‘on-call’ support team for as long as you need us.
Who is Involved?
- Most often we are working with a senior (or couple) and their adult children
- Sometimes we work just with the senior or seniors themselves
- On occasion, we help adult children build a support plan, so they can assist their aging parents
- Our Planning Advisor is the primary contact for the client with support from our multidisciplinary team
What is the Process?
- Our caring and experienced Planning Advisor will meet you in the comfort of your own home
- Family members can join the discussion in person or remotely if they live far away
- We complete a comprehensive health, functional, social, housing and financial/legal assessment
- Everyone has an opportunity to share their hopes and concerns
- The recommendations report details exactly what the challenges are and how to address those challenges
- We provide support and guidance for a full year and can extend our availability for future years as needed
What are the Outcomes?
- A clear and detailed plan for living well
- Specific and relevant information to guide actions and decisions
- The right balance of family support and external support
- Optimized finances with the right mix of public, private and subsidized services
- Improved physical and mental health and wellness for the seniors and their family members
- Preservation of choice, independence, dignity and family relationships
- A team to support you now and in the future as life progresses and needs change
When is the Best Time to Begin?
We are happy to create a Proactive Seniors Plan at any stage of the retirement years. We are often brought in when a medical crisis has occurred and families recognize they are not as prepared as they should be. However, we really encourage families to plan prior to a crisis occurring.
- Imminent or recent retirees who want to understand options and the costs of future care
- Healthy and active seniors who want to stay that way
- Seniors who are starting to experience some challenges and would like to get ahead of a serious event
- Seniors who have experienced a serious event and need a care and support plan
- Families who would like to know how they can best support their aging parents
- Family caregivers who are working and/or managing their own families and need help in supporting their senior loved ones
“My husband and I were very fortunate to work with Proactive Seniors in helping my in-laws begin planning for the next stages of their lives. The advisor was very knowledgable and her in-depth interview questions revealed many areas we had not originally considered. She then compiled all of the information she had gathered into a binder that we have referenced frequently. Her checklists and ‘Questions to Ask’ have made us feel more empowered as we look ahead to the upcoming years. Most importantly, this process provided us with a starting point for having the necessary conversations to begin this transition.
I highly recommend Proactive Seniors. They took what can be an emotional and difficult process and turned it into a positive experience in which all of us felt more aware of what the next steps are.”