- Serves people who are no longer able to remain in their own home or supportive living accommodation.
- This category includes long-term-care facilities such as nursing home and auxiliary hospitals that provide professional 24-hour care to people with the highest and most complex health needs.
- A higher level of assistance for people with moderate needs which provides accommodation in a home-like setting.
- People are supported to remain as independent as possible while still having access to services that meet their changing needs.
- Supportive living operators are responsible for coordinating daily living services such as meals, housekeeping laundry and on site activities and programs.
- Your own home whether it be a single-family house, apartment, condominium or other independent living options.
- You are responsible for arranging any assistance you may need.
- You can access publicly funded health care services through home care or community based programs or purchase personal or other supportive services privately.